Monday, August 18, 2008

Tree

My smaller topic is deforestation, so I choose to draw a tree. Below are the steps I draw the tree.


First of all, I use the ruler and the grip to easy me to draw. I draw the trunk and the branches using the pen tool. This is in a layer named 'trunk'.

Then the next layer is the leaves. For the leaves, I also use pen tool to draw it. The leaves spread all over the branches which means the tree grow very well.

Next, I draw the ground using the pen tool. As for the shallow hole around the trunk, I use the ellipse tool to draw it. This is in another layer named 'ground'.

Then I draw the leaves on the ground by using the pen tool too. This layer is named 'fallen leaves'.

Then, I started to fill the trunk and branches with brown colour. I use the toggles visibility to close other image except the trunk and the branches so that it is easier to put the colour. I have used the gradient to colour the trunk.

Then, I colour the leaves. I choose different density of green colour to show the position of the leaves. Some leaves is darker means that they behind other leaves. I have used the gradient to bring out this kind of effect too.

After that, I colour the leaves on the ground. I use dark green because this leaves is all old leaves already. I did not use gradient for these leaves.

Then, I colour the ground with different kind of brown colour. The hole I use darker brown for it.

After finish the tree and the ground, is the turn of the background. I decided to make the background as the sky. So, i mix the light blue, light grey and white colour together for the sky. I use the gradient to make this the sky looked like this. The whole picture has finish.

Finally, I put my symbol on the right bottom corner of the picture. This is the final artwork of my tree.

2 comments:

Koo AC said...

You have applied the basic tools. Wish to see more details in the leaves or shading of colours on the tree leaves, and trunks.

What's next for Assignment3?

Koo AC said...

hi again, when you snap the images of the process of your making, turn on the layer panel and color swatches.